Environment policy has turned sharply downward
- scrapped the Dept of Climate Change,
- sold off the Green Investment Bank,
- weakened planning controls,
- fought to free themselves from higher EU environmental standards,
- forced Cornwall to build at least another 7,000 houses to ‘accommodate’ the demand for second homes, and now want to
- give fracking companies a route to avoid normal planning regulations.
All political parties had already agreed to extend control on plastics, promote bottle return schemes and further restrict the trade in ivory. We just disagree with this Government who we believe is not doing it quickly enough.